Urban Lab+International Network of Urban Laboratories
The Urban Research and Design Laboratory has won a joint application for funding from the European Commission’s Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency to initiate a project on enhancing and promoting urban teaching and research within an international network of Urban Laboratories.
The project, URBAN LAB+, will run under the Erasmus Mundus Programme Action 3 from Dec, 2012 to Nov, 2015 and be coordinated by the Technische Universität Berlin. Project partners are seven renowned international higher education institutions from Europe as well as from major regions of urban growth in the South:
- University College London, UK
- École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Università della Calabria, Italy
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
- Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute for Architecture and Environmental Studies, India
- University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
This investment will support the participating Urban Laboratories in developing and expanding their work through international partnerships and eventually promote European built environment education. Activities will focus on enhancing urban teaching and research, and will include joint symposia, workshops, faculty exchange and hands-on projects. These will be structured around three clusters; practice-orientation, interdisciplinarity, and global education.